How we collect visitor information
We will collect Personally Identifiable Information about you when you voluntarily provide it to us. When you use website features that ask you for certain information, for example, when you register for an account, request a catalog or a sales representative to contact you, you provide Personally Identifiable Information. You can navigate through the website without giving us Personally Identifiable Information, but certain requests are only available by providing this information.
We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information if we survey visitors about various topics. Responding to any such survey is entirely voluntary.
We may also collect visitor information in the following ways:
- Clear GIFs. Like many websites, we may use clear GIFs (also known as “web beacons,”
“Internet tags,” or “pixel tags”). Clear GIFs are lines of code that allow websites to summarize overall visitor usage patterns and to provide personalized services. We may use clear GIFs, for instance, to track visitor preferences or to gather aggregated information about visitor usage patterns. We may at our discretion use clear GIFs to collect any Personally Identifiable Information about visitors.
- Passive Automatic Electronic Collection. Like operators of most other websites, we collect and log information automatically. For example, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the name and location of your Internet Service Provider, the type and version of your browser, the length of time you visit the website, your search queries on the website, and the average number of pages you viewed. Logging your IP address does not by itself provide us with your name, email address, or home or work address. We use this log information for systems administration purposes and for technical troubleshooting. We may also use it to gather general demographic information about you, such as your general location.
How we use visitor information
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected from visitors and from visitors logged in to the website for several important purposes, including:
- to help us fulfill service requests
- to notify you about promotional events
- to protect the security of visitors and the website
- to facilitate e-commerce transactions
- to help prevent fraud
- to provide you with a web site and services of enhanced value to you
- to market and promote our services and website
- We use anonymized or aggregated information to improve website services, to gauge the effectiveness of the website, and to improve and enhance visitors’ experiences on the website. In some cases we may combine information collected from visitors logged in with demographic or other information (such as census records or customer information in our regular business records) for aggregated and anonymized studies. We use such studies to improve, market and promote our services and this web site. We do not use these studies to identify your individual browsing, however we may use them to tailor advertising to individual visitors.
When we disclose visitor information
We contractually require our service providers to maintain at least the same level of confidentiality for the Personally Identifiable Information we provide to them as we maintain for such information. Additionally, we require that our service providers’ use of such information not exceed that needed to provide the service.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized information about visitors to our website hosting company, advertising agencies and other marketing vendors. Such information may include, for example, how many persons visited a particular page or activity and the preferences and dislikes of visitors. Such information does not include Personally Identifiable Information about any individual visitor.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your visitor information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all, or components, of our business.
How long we will keep visitor information
Magnet Applications may retain Personally Identifiable Information and other information collected through the website for as long as is reasonable for the purposes for which it was collected.
How we protect visitor information
We follow industry-standard practices to protect information collected through the web site. Visitors’ Personally Identifiable Information is stored in Magnet Applications databases in physically secure facilities. Visitors’ financial and payment card information is transmitted via encrypted technology. If we share visitor information with Magnet Applications subsidiaries, they will follow similar practices to protect Personally Identifiable Information collected through the website.
Any information transmitted over the Internet may be subject to breaches of security. Although we follow commercially reasonable practices to securely store the information we collect and to work with responsible third parties, we cannot guarantee these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose such information.
Service providers’ and other third parties’ collection and use of information
How we protect children’s online privacy
This web site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have received Personally Identifiable Information of a child under 13, we will delete the information from our records.
Notice to visitors from outside the U.S.
Questions about the Policy
500 S. Spencer Rd.
Newton, KS 67114